A company specialized in Design, Development, Delivery and support of Integrated Software Platform for all types of Educational Institutes.
Si6 Enterprise Platform for Education is a next gen cloud based “Student Information System with Student Accounting Software”, built using Open-Source Stack and seamlessly integrated to SAP ERP Suite
- Attendees of Si6 events, such as Conferences, or Si6-sponsored events;
- Customers and prospective customers and their representatives;
- Subscribers to Si6 newsletters; and
- Suppliers and business partners and their representatives.
When interacting with our websites, one also has the ability to link or connect with non-Si6 websites, services, social networks, applications, or other features. Enabling these features will lead to other parties than Si6 processing information about the User. Si6 does not have any control over these features of other parties. We encourage one to review the privacy policies of these parties before using these features.
- name and physical address, email addresses, and telephone numbers;
- demographic attributes, when tied to personal information that identifies Individual(s);
- photographs and testimonials;
- transactional data, including products and services, ordered;
- company data such as the name, size and location of the company Individual(s) work for and Individual’s role within the company;
- data from surveys and publicly available information, such as social media posts;
- unique IDs such as Individual(s) mobile device identifier or cookie ID on Individual(s) browser;
- IP address and information that may be derived from IP address, such as geographic location;
- information about a device the Individual uses, such as browser, device type, operating system, the presence or use of “apps”, screen resolution, and the preferred language; and
- behavioural data of the internet-connected computer or device Individual(s) use when interacting with the sites, such as advertisements clicked or viewed, sites and content areas, date and time of activities or the web search used to locate and navigate to a site;
Please note that Si6 does not control the content that Individual(s) may post to Si6 Communities forums or social networks; in some cases, pixel such content may be publicly available on the Internet. Individual(s) should carefully consider whether they wish to submit personal information to these forums or social networks and whether they wish to make their profile available to other users, and the Individual(s) should tailor any content which they may submit accordingly.
Why and how do we use individual(s) personal information?
We may use personal information for the following business purposes:
- to communicate and respond to Individual(s) requests and inquiries to Si6;
- to deliver functionality on our sites and for their technical and functional management;
- photographs and testimonials;
- to engage in transactions with customers, suppliers and business partners and to process orders for Si6 products and services;
- to analyze, develop, improve and optimize the use, function and performance of our sites and products and services;
- to manage the security of our sites, networks, and systems; and
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business.
We may use personal information for the following commercial purposes:
- to administer subscriptions of Si6 newsletters; and
- to market our products and services or related products and services, and to tailor our marketing and sales activities to Individual(s) or Individual’s company’s interests.
These purposes are described below in further detail :
To communicate and respond to Individual’s requests and inquiries to Si6
If an individual gets in touch with us (such as by submitting contact forms on our sites, attending Si6 events or other occasions, sending an email or by visiting social media platforms), we process information about the Individual to communicate with and to respond to their requests or other inquiries. We can also process personal information to interact with the Individual on third party social networks.
To deliver functionality on our sites and for their technical and functional management
When the Individual chooses to register with us, we need to process the personal information provided by the Individual, so that we can create and manage a personal account for the Individual. Up-on creating the Individual(s) account, we will send the Individual the personal login information. This personal information enables us to administer the Individual(s) account, for example by changing the password for the Individual.
To engage in transactions with customers, suppliers, and business partners and to process purchases of our products and services
If the Individual or the Individual’s company buys our products and services, or if the Individual or their company provides services to Si6, our employees, customers or partners as a supplier or business partner, Si6 processes information about them to engage in and administer the relevant transactions (such as by sending invoices and making payments), administer the order and help the individual or company to get started and adapt our products and services.
To analyze, develop, improve and optimize the use, function, and performance of our sites, products, and services
We may process personal information in order to analyze, develop, improve and optimize the use, function and performance of our sites and products and services, including for quality assurance and training purposes, as well as for marketing and sales campaigns. In case the sites permit the individual to participate in interactive discussions, create a profile, post comments, opportunities or other content, or communicate directly with another user or otherwise engage in networking activities, Si6 may process personal information when moderating these activities.
To manage the security of our sites, networks, and systems
We may collect site use data for security and operations management to help keep our sites, networks and systems secure, or to investigate and prevent potential fraud, including ad fraud and cyber-attacks and to detect bots.
To comply with applicable laws and regulations and to operate our business
In some cases, we have to process personal information to comply with applicable laws and regulations. For example, to respond to a request from a regulator or to defend a legal claim. We may also process personal information in the performance and operation of our business, such as to conduct internal audits and investigations or for finance and accounting and archiving purposes.
To market our products and services or related products and services and to tailor marketing and sales activities
Si6 may use information about the Individual(s) to notify them about new product releases and service developments, events, alerts, updates, prices, terms, special offers and associated campaigns and promotions (including via newsletters). Si6 may also use personal information to advertise Si6’s products and services or related products and services. We do our best to tailor the website visit, marketing experience and our communications to Individual(s) expressed interests.
If Individual(s) attend an event, Si6 may process information about the Individual gathered in relation to the event and can share information about their attendance with their company. Si6 may also permit designated event partners or conference sponsors to send the Individual(s) up to two communications related to their event attendance. Please note that our partners or conference sponsors may directly request information about them at their conference booths or presentations, and their use of the information that the Individual provides to them will be subject to their privacy policies.
We may also process Individual(s) personal information to post testimonials on our sites, but will first obtain the Individual(s) consent to use their name and testimonial.
What is our basis for processing information about the individual(s)?
For personal information collected about Individual(s), our basis for processing is the following:
- In order to communicate adequately with the Individual and to respond to their requests, we need to process information about them and therefore have a legitimate interest in processing this information.
- In order to engage in transactions with customers, suppliers and business partners, and to process purchases of our products and services, we need to process information about the Individual as necessary to enter into or perform a contract with the Individual or their company.
- We process personal information for marketing and sales activities based on their consent where so indicated on our sites at the time their personal information was collected, or further to our legitimate interest to market and promote our products and services.
- We rely on our legitimate interest to analyze, develop, improve and optimize our sites, products and services, and to maintain the security of our sites, networks and systems.
- In order to comply with applicable laws and regulations, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, or to process an opt-out request.
For what period do we retain personal information?
Si6 maintains personal information for the following retention periods:
- Information about the Individual(s) we collect to engage in transactions with our customers, suppliers and business partners, and to process purchases of our products and services, will be retained for the duration of the transaction or services period, or longer as necessary for record retention and legal compliance purposes.
- If individual(s) have registered for a Si6 account, their account information will be retained for as long as they maintain an active account.
- Contact information such as Individual(s) email address or phone number collected online on our sites or offline from our interactions with them at Si6 events and conferences, and used for direct marketing and sales activities will be retained for as long as we have an active (customer) relationship with the Individual(s). We treat them as an active contact if (i) they have interacted with Si6 or updated their contact details and preferences in the past 36 months; and (ii) Individual(s) have not made a deletion request.
- Personal information needed to retain Individual(s) opt-out preferences is retained for 10 years (or longer as necessary to comply with applicable law).
When and how can we share Individual(s) personal information?
Sharing within Si6
Si6 employees are authorized to access personal information only to the extent necessary to serve the applicable purpose(s) and to perform their job functions.
Sharing with third parties
We may share personal information with the following third parties for a business purposes:
- Third-party service providers (for example, order fulfillment, analytics, event/campaign management, website management, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, e-mail delivery, auditing, and other similar service providers) in order for those service providers to perform business functions on behalf of Si6;
- Relevant third parties in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings);
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or other legal process, when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect Individual(s) safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to government requests, including public and government authorities outside Individual(s) country of residence, for national security and/or law enforcement purposes.
How is an individual(s) personal information secured ?
Si6 has implemented appropriate technical, physical and organizational measures designed to protect personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction or accidental loss, damage, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or access, as well as all other forms of unlawful processing.
What cookies and similar technologies do we use on our sites?
Cookies and similar technologies (e.g., pixels tags and device identifiers) are used by Si6 to recognize Individual(s) and/or Individual’s device(s) on, off and across different services and devices for the purposes specified in this document.
What are individual’s privacy rights?
We provide multiple choices in respect of the information we process about Individual(s):
- Opt-out of our use or sharing of Individual(s) personal information
Individual(s) may withdraw consent which they have previously provided for the processing of information about them, including for email marketing by Si6.
- Delete personal information
Individual(s) can ask us to erase or delete all or some of the information about them.
- Change or correct personal information
Individual(s) can edit some of the information about them by updating their accounts. Individual(s) can also ask us to change, update or fix information about them in certain cases, particularly if it is inaccurate.
- Object to, or limit or restrict the use of personal information
Individual(s) can ask us to stop using all or some of the information about them (for example, if we have no legal right to keep using it) or to limit our use of it (for example, if the information about them is inaccurate).
- Right to access and/or have Individual(s) information provided to them
Individual(s) can also ask us for a copy of information about them and can ask for a copy of information about them to be provided in machine-readable form if they reside in the EU or other jurisdiction that provides them this right as a matter of law.
Information security and privacy officer
Information Security and Privacy Officer, Si6 Associates Pvt Ltd, 565, Kempaiah Block, Palace Guttahalli, Bangalore – 560003, India, Tel: 098453 88464, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dispute resolution or filing a complaint